4-day intensive guqin workshop with Wang Fei
4-day guqin workshop with Wang Fei starting June 2, 2015. Space is available on a first-come-first-served basis, so please register now! Email registration is highly recommended! email@example.com.
- World renowned guqin player Wang Fei teaches directly, using the traditional method by which she was taught by the great guqin master Professor Li Xiangting 李祥霆, and her 30 years of guqin experience.
- Authentic guqin learning method in a very intensive period. After the workshop, participants are able to self teach, study online or continue to follow our NAGA class on site.
- Bilingual instruction in English and Chinese.
- No prerequisites, open to everybody, all ages and all levels of experience welcome
- Newly remodeled NAGA classroom provides high quality guqins for use during the class, one for each student, made by top guqin makers(Wang Peng, Ma Weiheng, Zeng Chengwei, Zhang Yuxin), representing the best quality guqins currently available. Participants do not need to bring their own instruments.
- No need to have a guqin, since we provide rental guqins for students to take home and practice with during the 4 days.
- All participants will get a purchase discount from our sponsors, beijingers.com, at prices well below the current market prices in China, on some guqin models, with free shipping worldwide.
If you are interested in learning the guqin, get hands on experience as early as possible. Life is too short! This is the last beginners' class for 2015. We usually only run this class once a year or once every two years. Places are limited. We urge you to register immediately by email firstname.lastname@example.org and pay online at http://naga4dayguqinclass.eventbee.com! Please register now!!!
If you like the guqin, you can learn to play it; if you love the guqin, you can learn to play it well; if you are passionate about the guqin, you can master it". - Master Li Xiangting 李祥霆.
Please also see "Keys to success in guqin learning" By Wang Fei
After the workshop
Local participants can continue their guqin study by joining the upcoming advanced guqin class "Chinese poetry through the guqin: a practical tool to learn Chinese language and culture", and learn traditional guqin pieces.
Non-local participants can teach themselves by following NAGA's instructional material set (book, video, Chinese English dictionary of guqin terms, etc) or take online courses.
Times and dates
June2,3,4,5, 2015, 6:00pm to 8:30pm
Small size class 6-8 people, because we intend to run a beginner-friendly group using a traditional teaching style, one student per guqin, space is limited.
$420 for 4 days
Union City, CA. Address to be announced after registration. Accessible by public transportation.
Instruments can be rented for the full 4 days duration of the course (normal cost $50) which they can take home to practice with.
Chinese music specialist and NAGA class sponsor Beijingers.com will provide discounts for students enrolled in the class, with prices of guqins starting from only $199 (please see the description of each model recommended for students enrolled in this class).
Classes will be led by NAGA Director and China Guqin Committee Council member Wang Fei. Wang Fei has a background in classical Chinese literature and guqin music and has been a Mandarin news host and producer at China National Radio. She studied guqin under Professor Li Xiangting, one of the great guqin masters of this century, since 1985. She has inherited the traditions, styles, concepts and masterpieces of her "grand teachers" Zha Fuxi, Wu Jinglue and Guan Pinghu, the three greatest guqin masters of the last century, and transmits them through her guqin teaching, performance and promotion in the western world. Wang Fei is one of the few guqin teachers who offer guqin lessons in traditional form, covering both guqin playing and guqin study. She has won several awards for Chinese music, has toured internationally and has given speeches, lectures, workshops and seminars on the guqin at many prestigious universities including Stanford, UC Berkeley, UCLA and the Central Conservatory of Music. She has also given presentations on Chinese culture to many Fortune 500 companies.
For a brief introduction to the guqin in English, please see at
North American Guqin Association
PO BOX 232
Fremont, CA 94537-0232